- Establishment of a comprehensive social system for services delivery to all especially marginalized and vulnerable, by mobilizing internal resources partnerships and communities.
- Establishment of coordination and referral mechanism among Government Departments, National, International, Local and Non Government Organizations and Community based organizations for provision of social protection services with a particular focus on Orphans, Differently abled, Widows, Elderly and Destitute etc.
- Protection, care and welfare of persons with disabilities in the light of United Nation Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) and other commitments.
- Coordination among district administration, Government line departments, National, International and Local Non- Government Organizations for relief and rescue services during calamities and national emergencies by encouraging voluntary approach.
- Other incidental assignments.
- Services matter except those entrusted to S&GAD.
- Administration of the relevant Laws and the rules pertaining to the Department.